It's hot and it's on launchpad, I've released the first public version of my php framework Ouga called Icare.
You must be aware it's just a demonstration version, which does not contain all the feature you can attend from such a modern web framework. But all might have a beginning, and I hope ouga's future will be great.
Installation instruction are in the package, waiting for a real documentation, which would be hosted here on umaneti. For now, Ouga has following features:
- Easy deployment and installation of module in the framework – the main functionnality behind Ouga
- 4 sample but working modules to demonstrate framework capacities
- ACL management out of the box (but optional)
While I'll support this version with bug fixes, development will now focus on the new branch 0.3 (namecode cécé). This branch will apport following main features:
- New template engine –– with an object oriented syntax, as in java or gtk.
- New db abstraction layer
The two branch will remain compatible. An Icare module will run with only small changes on Cécé, so you can begin to produce your own module.
Ouga needs contributors!
There are two ways for contributing:
- join the core team and help me to improve the framework in itself
- create modules to enlarge the Ouga ecosystem
I'm currently writing two interessant module: a blog module which will give ouga the possibilities for reader to comment article and the publication of an atom feed; and a menu module which will permits to easily create and manage menu on all the site.